Doesn't fit or just not happy with it? You can return any new, unused and unaltered item within 14 days of delivery of your item. We will issue a full refund to your original payment method (minus shipping/handling and freight incurred by The HelmetMan).
- Returned products must be in new, unused condition and include the original box and/or packaging with all tags included.
- Once your return is received and inspected by The HelmetMan (usually within 24 - 48 hours of receipt), your refund will be processed and a credit will be applied to your credit card or original method of payment. Please note that depending on your credit card company, it may take an additional 2-10 business days after your credit is applied for it to be posted to your account.
- For wire transfer payments, all refunds will be issued to store credit.
- You are responsible for all shipping costs associated with getting your order back to our California warehouse.
- Please do not abuse this policy by ordering multiple (more than 2) of the same or similar item with the intention of returning the majority of your order. Please contact TheHelmetMan if you are unsure of sizing or application for any items prior to placing your order and we will be happy to help you narrow it down!
- There is a 20% re-shelving fee on any closeout/clearance item being returned for credit, however if you reorder the same model or dollar value is permit able.
- There is a 20% restock fee on all returned auto helmets, ski helmets and 6D helmets.
- Sorry no returns or exchanges on special order items – all sales are final.
- There are no exchanges or returns for vintage accessories or parts – all sales are final.
- There are no returns on “In Store Orders” but exchanges are permit able.
- See below for instructions on where/how to get your return order back to us. Items should not be shipped back to the manufacturer; all returns need an RA (Return Authorization) number and will need to be returned to TheHelmetMan in California.
Return Shipping Options
- For customers in any location, you have the option of using the carrier of your choice to return your order to us. We recommend shipping with a method which includes tracking and insurance for your return shipment.
- All shipments must be made prepaid; packages shipped COD will be rejected.
- Any Refused, Undelivered, or Abandoned package will be subject to a $25 Service Fee.
- Need to make an exchange? After you process your return, simply place a new order for the exchange merchandise. That means you'll claim the inventory and get your new gear fast!
- If your exchange order qualifies for our free ground shipping offer (details), it will be applied.
- You are still responsible for return shipping costs on your original order back to us.
Used or Damaged Merchandise
- Any merchandise which has been "taken out for a ride" is considered used and cannot be returned. We encourage you to walk on your carpet in your boots and to try your motorcycle helmet on indoors before heading out on the bike.
- Any merchandise or parts which shows signs of use (wear, bugs, dirt, smell, pet hair, scuffing, mounting, etc) or otherwise is in a condition other than it was received cannot be returned.
- Craigslist, eBay and online forums are excellent resources if you have a used item you do not want that can no longer be returned to TheHelmetMan.
Apparel and Helmets
- Apparel items must be packed in their original garment bag (or equivalent plastic bag protection) and include all original tags. The plastic bag protects the item from the cardboard. Items packaged without this protection most likely will arrive scuffed and will be returned to the customer.
- Helmets must be shipped back as they were received in their original helmet bag, box and include all original paperwork and accessories.
- Un-used items that are returned with missing or damaged packaging, tags, components, or hangers may be returned to the customer or subject to an additional processing fee of up to 25% of the merchandise cost based on the availability of those missing or damaged components.
Electronics, Hard Parts, Tools, Tires
- Any electronic which has been removed from packaging or manufacturer seal broken is non-returnable.
- Any part which has been installed or shows signs of attempting to be installed on a vehicle/helmet is non-returnable.
- Any Tool or Chemical that has been opened or seal broken is non-returnable.
- Open box items for which the packaging has been destroyed are not returnable.
- International shipments should be marked as a "Merchandise Return" with a carrier that does not levy brokerage fees. Customer is responsible for any applicable brokerage or customs charges.
- Any items shipped COD or having additional brokerage fees that are charged to TheHelmetMan upon delivery will be rejected.
- Each manufacturer has its own warranty policy. TheHelmetMan will assist customers with their warranty; however TheHelmetMan does not provide any direct warranty on any item sold.
Order Cancellation / Modifications
- If you change your mind, act quickly! We turn around and process orders extremely quickly.
- Orders can be modified or cancelled only while their status is labeled "Order Received." Once an order has a different status, it cannot be cancelled or modified, as the order has been processed by our warehouse and is in the queue to be shipped out.
- Most manufacturers offer an additional warranty period which covers against merchandise defects. To determine warranty requirements for a specific item, please contact the manufacturer or contact us for assistance.
- Please note warranty processing may take 4-8 weeks and will be subject to the individual manufacturer's policies and discretion. Manufacturer warranties do not cover defects determined to be caused by normal wear or due to customer negligence.
- Please let us know ASAP if any goods arrive damaged. Please keep all original shipping containers and take pictures if possible. Damaged goods claims are handled through the shipping carrier (UPS, FedEx, USPS, OnTrac). We will assist our customers in these claims. We only ask that customers be patient as sometimes this process can take longer than any of us would like!
Step 1: You must first write the RA number on the outside of the box so we know to accept this upon delivery. The RA # for your order is RA – (followed by your order number)(example: your order number is 1234, just add RA = RA1234). If there is no RA number listed the package will be refused.
Step 2: Select the item(s) you would like to return from your order and be sure to lis the reason for returning each item.
Step 3: Select your return shipping method and follow instructions.
Step 4: Please place a photocopy of your invoice inside the return. You have 14 days to return your merchandise so please be sure to print and ship at your earliest convenience. Please do not tape anything to the original product packaging! We need to get all products (and their packaging!) back in new condition. Place all merchandise in a shipping box; you may use the original shipping container. However, please DO NOT use the manufacturer's product box as the shipping container. It will arrive damaged and the package will be rejected by our returns department. Returns should be shipped to the following address unless otherwise noted on your return authorization instructions:
Attn: Returns (RA# XXXX)
1760 Monrovia Ave
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Please retain your return tracking information. TheHelmetMan.com is not responsible for packages lost during return shipment. You will receive a confirmation email from TheHelmetMan when your return is processed which will include the full details of refund credited.
Questions / Concerns
- If anything is unclear or if you have a special circumstance, please contact us!
- We can be reached by phone at 800-341-5834 or shoot us a message.