Arai - XD4 Distance Helmet
Arai - XD4 Distance Helmet has a uniquely simple design, giving such great racing stripes throughout the helmet. We carry this model in 4 different glossy colors. The visor look gives you extra sun block for your face, while completing the racing stripes with the longer extension. Primarily, this helmet is most comfortable and has the best support fit with great ventilation. The Arai - XD4 Distance Helmet has improved airflow from the multiple ports in the chin vent for better air intake. With the larger sculpted cowl vents on the sides to help get ventilation, so there aren’t any hot spots. Importantly, this will give the stability you need on your head, especially when you begin to pick up the pace. So, at higher speeds the exhaust ports and shell shape top-diffuse-vent ports come in doubling the XD4's airflow. Imagine the fantastic aerodynamic stability you’ll be getting at those speeds. Additionally, Arai - XD4 Distance Helmet has thought of giving more ventilation with the brow vent, giving you even more airflow to the temple area of your head. This will keep you feeling fresh for the long rides. Other great features are Arai's exclusive peel-away side/temple crown pads that give you the option of 5mm more of interior width. This option literally gives a nice snug fit on your head. Arai's Dry-Cool® technology keeps you drier and cooler, while all the vents disperse airflow around your face for greater long-haul rides with unbelievable comfort. Arai - XD4 Distance Helmet also has fully removable interior that can be washed for freshness or even be replaced when it is needed. Arai – XD4 Distance Helmet has an emergency cheek pad release system, which is easily removed for trained medical personnel. The cheek pads easily slides out - via the integrated pull-tabs built into the bottom side of the cheek pad. This will make the helmet come off easier and quicker during an emergency.
ARAI IS THE ONLY COMPANY OFFERING MULTIPLE INTERIOR-FIT SHAPES TO BETTER ADDRESS THE INFINITE VARIETY OF RIDERS’ HEAD SHAPES AND SIZES.
No one pays more attention to the subtle variations and infinite possibilities of the human head shape than Arai. Why? Because it’s the secret to getting the best comfort and fit.
So for more than three decades, Arai has pioneered different shapes – and even different proportions within those shapes – in our various helmet models, working to offer a better fit for more people.
- Arai’s patented FCS® Cheek Pad design delivers comfort and support, and it features our exclusive 5mm peel-away custom-fit layer.
- Chin vent has more intake ports for improved airflow.
- The larger side cowl vents, sculpted vents improve ventilation efficiency as well as helmet stability on your head at speed.
- Exhaust ports & shell shape top-diffuser-vent ports have nearly double the XD4’s airflow, while its shell shape provides better aerodynamic stability at higher street speeds in concert with its high-flow peak and side cowl vents.
- Brow vent in the XD4 faceshield provide airflow to the temple area of the head.
- Arai’s exclusive peel-away side/temple crown pads give you the option of 5mm more of interior width if needed. Yet another level of fit customization no other helmet brand offers.
- Fully removable/replaceable/washable interior
- Arai’s Dry-Cool® technology keeps you drier and cooler (hence the name) for greater long-haul comfort.
- Emergency cheek pad release system developed to allow easier access to an injured rider, the XD4’s cheek pads slide out easily – via the integrated pull-tabs built into the underside of the cheek pad – making helmet removal much easier for trained medical personnel.