Technology pioneer Steve Jobs once said, "Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works." With this concept in mind, the NecksGen REV by Impact was created thus completely revolutionizing the Frontal Head Restraint market with its radical departure in traditional construction.
It's so uncomplicated - how exactly does it work, you ask?
Sometimes the simplest answer is the best solution. The foundation of the Impact Rev is its patent pending Tension Neutralizing Tether design. Through extensive testing, it was determined the yoke added unnecessary mass to the device, limited the driver's range of motion, and made ingress and egress from the race vehicle difficult. The single tension neutralizing tethering system does all the work therefore allowing the yoke to be eliminated and the device to be ergonomically constructed to minimize interference between the seat and the helmet while improving comfort, and reducing weight. The ergonomic construction and the patented tethering system not only allows for superior frontal and lateral support, the Impact REV also improves ingress and egress from the vehicle during an emergency situation.
Weighing in at just over a pound, the Impact Rev exemplifies simplicity and ease; key factors in getting drivers to actually use their safety equipment! The REV features a padded comfort foam that rests on the Trapezius muscle rather than the clavicles (collarbones) allowing the load of an impact to be evenly diffused amongst the multiple load paths designed into the single tension neutralizing tethers. The proprietary, patent-pending design of the REV also reduces the incidence of injury to the chest or collarbones under impact. Studies have indicated that that it only takes seven to ten pounds of pressure to break a clavicle. Unlike other competitive devices that can potentially injure the collarbones and chest under stress, the REV has eliminated the interfering yoke and other unnecessary mass to provide a truly revolutionary safety system.
Do you compete in different race cars with vary degrees of seat angles? Then the Impact REV is the only device you need! The ergonomic design of the REV eliminates the need to own various devices simply because you have a differing seat angles - the device will work in any chassis and in any seat angle. Available in three sizes (small, medium, and large) additional features include a quick release system, allowing for a quick eject of the tethers from the helmet and integrated belt guides ensure the restraints stay put. The Impact REV is manufacturer's certified to the SFI 38.1 specification so it will also meet the Frontal Head Restraint requirement outlined by most racing sanctions.
- Manufacturer's Certified to the SFI 38.1 Specification
- Patent Pending Tension Neutralizing Tether Design Provides Superior Lateral and Frontal Support
- Lightweight - Unnecessary Mass was Eliminated; Unit Weighs Just Over One Pound
- Comfortable - No Interfering Yoke and also Features Padded Comfort Foam
- Design - Allows for Quick Ingress and Egress from Race Vehicle
- Ergonomic - Revolutionary Design Allows for Little to No Interference with Seat & Helmet
- Superior Construction - Manufactured from DuPont's Carbon Fiber Composite Materials for Strength
- Only Need One Device - Impact REV Works in Any Race Car and With Every Seat Angle
- Includes helmet hardware, no need to purchase separate FHR posts for your helmet
- Three Sizes Available for the Perfect Fit (Small, Medium, and Large)
- Made in the USA
- Affordable - Just $599